AC Repair in Wichita
Reliable Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance Services
Having a functioning air conditioning system makes the summer heat far less oppressive. Moody Heating & Air Conditioning provides reliable AC repair in Wichita to keep your family comfortable all summer long. Our locally owned company has served the air conditioning needs of local homeowners since 1977, with first-rate products and services for every home cooling need.
Prompt AC Repair Service for Any Brand & Model
Air conditioning systems are complex machines and each brand and model is unique. Our service technicians participate in continuous training to remain up-to-date on the latest technologies. Our Wichita AC repair technicians have the training and experience needed to handle any air conditioning repair with any brand and model.
Call us if you're experiencing any of the following problems:
- AC is blowing warm air
- Loud air conditioner noises
- Uncomfortable indoor humidity
- AC is leaking
- AC is short cycling (constantly turning on and off in short bursts)
- AC won't turn on
Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Tips
If your air conditioner is not working correctly, try out these handy troubleshooting tips to see if you have a small, easily fixable problem. If you need additional assistance or would prefer to leave it to the professionals, don't hesitate to give us a call!
If your air conditioner won't turn on:
- The first thing you should check is your electrical panel to see if your AC problem is caused by a tripped breaker. If the breaker has been tripped, turn the switch back to ON and try turning your AC on again. That should solve the problem, but if the breaker is tripped a second time, don't flip it back. Instead, call for AC service because this is likely a sign of a larger electrical issue.
If your air conditioner turns on, but isn't cooling your home:
- There are several things you can check to try and resolve this issue. First, take a look at your AC filter. If it's dirty and clogged, it needs to be replaced. You can find new filters in the size you need at your local hardware store. We also advise that you check your thermostat to make sure it's set to COOL (trust us, it happens all the time!) If you're dealing with weak airflow or inconsistent cooling throughout your home (i.e. it's cool in some areas but there are hot spots in others), take a look at your outdoor unit. If it looks like it's covered in a layer of dirt, give it a gentle rinse with a hose. Try to also remove any debris on or around the unit, such as leaves or branches.
If you AC is making a horrible noise:
- You may want to leave this one to your local Wichita AC repair professionals. That terrible screeching, grinding, or banging noise signals an internal parts problem and it may mean that something is in need of replacement.
Find more tips here: Guide to Common Air Conditioning Issues
Maintain Your AC with Annual Cleanings & Inspections
The best way to prevent emergency repairs, big or small, is to have your air conditioner cleaned and serviced each year. The ideal time for maintenance is in the spring. In the Kansas wind, it’s easy for your condenser coils located in the outdoor unit to become covered in grass, leaves, cotton, dust, and other debris. This can lead to higher energy consumption and the compressor overheating and failing.
Your unit should be cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional to ensure proper, efficient function throughout the summer. Maintenance is easy when you become a Priority Customer—click here to learn more about the program!
Having your air conditioner annually serviced:
- Keeps the unit running at maximum efficiency
- Lowers home energy costs
- Prevents unexpected repairs
- Prolongs the life-span of the unit.
During preventative maintenance visits, Moody Heating & Air Conditioning technicians will thoroughly test your system’s performance and correct any issues that are found. Most replacement parts are carried on hand to ensure a quick fix.
Meet Becky Coleman, our 2018 Warm Hearts Warm Home Winner. Moody Heating & Air Conditioning is a proud partner in the Warm Hearts Warm Home Program. Along with Trane and Big Corner Creative we provided a Free Trane Furnace and Installation to a deserving local family.
$600 Off Up to $600 Off With Purchase of Qualifying Trane Equipment See your local participating independent Trane dealer for complete programValid from Oct 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
$23 Off Preventative Maintenance Call Moody Heating & Air Conditioning for details.Valid from Oct 1, 2023 - Mar 31, 2024